Mumbles by Car

Entry Posted March 27, 2009

We really have had some fantastic weather down in Swansea and the Gower Peninsula lately. The sunshine really gave me a kick up the backside and got me back into Gower's wonderful countryside after an absence of too many months. Before I move on to this site's next theme, I'd like to continue on from yesterday's post by mentioning some more of the Gower forays I've undertaken over the past few weeks.

The other weekend (March 14, 2009), we drove down to Mumbles to enjoy some chips from what is probably Gower's finest chip shop, Yallops, and to spend some time watching the evening surf at Bracelet Bay. It turned out to be a really enjoyable couple of hours.

I've been wanting to film and post a video of the view along Swansea Bay as you drive towards Mumbles for a long while. I am well happy that I managed to get the opportunity that evening. Hope you enjoy:



Followers of my live Twitter feed or Facebook page will have already seen the following two pics - typical things you get to see from the seat of a car as you travel around this neck of the woods. Hope you like them :o)

Following a Gower BusFollowing a Gower Bus

Parked Up at Bracelet BayParked up at Bracelet Bay - Glad I'm Not the Surfer Out There in Those Wave
- Click On the Image if You Can't Make Him or Her Out. All of the Images on
Welcome to Gower are Linked to Larger Sized Versions

More of my March 2009 Gower jaunts in tomorrow's blog entry...