The Spring High tide of 27/02/2010 transformed the sometimes forlorn-looking foreshore of Penclawdd into one of the prettiest and gentlest scenes I have ever witnessed. If only I had thought to bring my camera with me as I travelled towards Crofty to see my Mum on her birthday on that picturesque February evening.
Had I the foresight to have my camera on my person that day, I would have photographed the numerous ponies, their bellies touching the water that rippled slowly round their legs, as they waited in the estuary like statues for the tide to retreat. Their silhouettes against the North Gower sunset was a real spectacle but one I could only have shared with the help of the x10 optical zoom on my real camera, which I had left at home.
Whilst I may not have had my fairly decent compact camera with me, I did have my trusty mobile phone as a companion. And so I stopped off at the water's edge in Penclawdd and captured the following images on the phone's basic but sometimes acceptable camera function:

Whilst the definition and focus may not be as good as it ought, I'm happy that these pictures convey the sense of how wonderful a place Penclawdd really is.

